View Single Post
Old 05.23.2007, 04:22 PM   #135
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I felt bad for Crouch. He hasn't stopped talking about tonight's game since Liverpool beat Chelsea, and he only got about 15 minutes on the pitch. He had one great shot, but I think if he'd have started earlier on the score may have been different.

You may be right, as he can swing games (and he looked to be playing well when he came on, and should have come on instead of Kewell [!?!?]), but Crouch has a tendeny to be inneffective when it really matters.

I wanted Liverpool to win, of course, both because they're the English representatives and because of the whole Milan-scandal thing. But I'm also very happy to see the magnificant Paulo Maldini lift another trophy - he's the best player of my lifetime, and an example to all.

Liverpool should have used their first half dominance to create clear chances, rather than shooting from distance or tight angles. Pennant supposedly played well, and he certainly got forward with the ball, but how many good crosses did he put in? Zero. Riise and Agger were weak links tonight, which is a shame.

AC Milan did the right thing - soak up all the pressure, let the opposition wear themselves out, then take chances when they come (the second goal was taken beautifully). Of course as well as a great defense, Milan have players like Kaka and Inzaghi, so they know that one or two chances will often be enough to create a win. Benitez will be desperate to buy at least one good striker this off-season.

The referee was not impressive, whilst Milan's Genaro Gattuso was most amusing in the traditional foul-a-lot-and-complain-about-everything-role. Come to think of it, that was another thing Liverpool lacked...

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|