View Single Post
Old 05.22.2007, 07:37 PM   #46
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
That's what you'd like to tell them on the phone, isn't it?

But seriously, phone work is stressful. Now, say, a bricklayer might hear you say that and wince, but it's true.

I remember one time I was telefundraising. This meant cold-calling out of phone books for the State Troopers for a doantion to a dubious cause. They got their small car sticker for their pledge. Anyway, it was a wild job, a real-live boiler room, and I had this terrific night (good money for me at the time). I made eighty-five or so bucks in four hours and at one point my back sort of felt pinched and hot, but in the fever of the pitch (hehe) I ignored it. Anyway, I woke the next morning and my girlfriend couldn't get me out of the bed because I really couldn't move. Anyway, it cleared up the next day. I've done some harder jobs that require manual labor, and although some made my back sore in the beginning, I never threw out my back at any of them like that one night telemarketing. hehe

so, we would call rural Georgia and basically, i was an actor at this job and put on an accent...i wasn't one of those people that tried to act like a trooper or claim to be one, however. & i outsold those people most of the time. ;;'';these are probably the least of the stories...hee
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|