Thread: World Cup 06
View Single Post
Old 05.04.2006, 02:36 PM   #15
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
How come so many people get ready to be disappointed by England? I was about to bet with some friends that they'd be there in the 1/4. They have more great mid-field players (Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham) that they ever had (Ince was alone, and so was Gascoygne - but was he a mid-field? - that guy was a wonder - even though the only thing for which I seem to remember him is that yellow card he received for watching the referee while lying on his belly, a shoulder on the ball, his jaw resting in his hand).

Rooney out? Was he injured? What happened? Who's supposed to take his place?

France would win? As it's my nation, I'm fed with information about the players. And I doubt it. Zidane is still a great player (as Beckham), but there's noone as good as him in his sector. There's some hope for Ribery (plays in Marseille) to join the team, but if not, Zidane would be the only talented player in the attacking-mid-field sector. And there are some fears about the defence.
Well well... As the selection hasn't been revealed yet, all we can do is speculate.
Once it's done, I might throw in some comments about the players you've never heard of, so that the bets mean something (and I'm hoping to see a few things here too about the Netherlands - Van Basten didn't select Seedorf, can you believe that).
As for Brazil, well... I don't know who could beat them. Perhaps, if the selectioner only kept players whose name started by the same letter, other teams would have a chance... and it would be so sportsmanlike that I would applause.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|