Thread: Music Theory
View Single Post
Old 04.26.2007, 04:41 AM   #13
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
On the other hand, music theory the term also encompasses rudiments or fundamentals of music, which everyone who has any interest in music should understand, period.

so what are these?

i wasn't trying to confront you about music theory i was just wondering how useful it is outside of classical/compositionalwhatever.
sometimes when i've spoken to music students their schooling in music seems to be more detrimental to their appreciation of music rather than something that helps open their mind, i.e. their relationship with music seems to be based more in theory than in listening or playing, which to me seems bizarre.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|