View Single Post
Old 04.24.2007, 11:48 PM   #8
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really just hoping that something written in this thread will make me say "A-ha!" This being our final project, it's probably the biggest of all of our projects and is supposed to represent our growth during the semester. So I really have to make it good, and I don't want it to be gimmicky if I can help it. I don't want it to be too literal, but I'm also not interested in completely removing myself from the painting (in whatever way).

Also, even though I've met none of you in real life, the individual personalities that come through on this board are very distinctive. I want to see how that translates to appearances, and how each of you functions daily in terms of appearance, while dealing with your own perception of yourself and others' perceptions of you. How you want to be seen vs. how you really are seen, and how you try to exert control over outside opinions. It's something that I have to think about no matter what I'm painting, but for this assignment it's a bit more important, and I don't want to screw it up. When I paint, I always seem to want people to see what I see, but I know that's really not possible, and that each person is going to see what they want to see. My question then is "What do you see?" You can even talk about how you see other people, if you want.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|