View Single Post
Old 04.22.2007, 09:49 AM   #110
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Punk was heralded as being the music that saved the world from the likes of Genesis and Yes by showing that you didn't have to be a virtuoso musician to make music, anyone could pick a guitar, learn a chord and start to play.

Noise has taken this one step further, and any fool can now use any means to make some sort of din and claim it's meant to sound like that because it's "noise music". The noise market may once have been interesting and creative, now it's filled with too many talentless idiots who think that because they're upsetting someone their musical expression must be valid. The genre needs to be driven back underground for its own good.

By the way, I'm not a fan of noise music.

okay then . . . i was gonna respond to this a while back and mention how i'm in the throes of producing noise music and have been for a while. I was gonna say how i do it purely for the immense enjoyment and satisfaction that i and fellow band members get out of it. and although it does piss people off that is not the reason i do it and likewise definately not a reason for me not to do it. often i find our drummer has to ask me to stop some din i'm in the depths of because he simply can't handle it. he presumes that i'm doing it to piss him off and i assure him that my music is an expression of feelings i have that sound like screams and wails and teethgrating paranoia . . . it's damn honest and i can't help it. sometimes i think i'm mental but i have the safety of numbers around me for reassurance that what i'm doing is right. i guess it's just a more intense form of expression and one might have had to have been through some intense experiences to identify with it . . . errrr . . so there's something to get the ball rolling . . . anyone else actually producing 'noise'?
. .. . .
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|