View Single Post
Old 04.16.2007, 06:55 PM   #153
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
getting rid of guns will strip legal owners, responsible hunters, and responsible u[stading citizens of their firearms. It will not get rid of any black market guns, criminals smuggling guns in from another country, etc.

i think every adult citizien of USA should be required to take firearm safety classes before age 21. That way, even those that do not own guns know how to use them safely, if need be, to take out some fucker like this idiot madman at Virginia Tech.

children of responsible gun owners very arrely misuse weapons. children of gun owners who hide their shit from the kids are the ones that suffer.

There's some truth to all this, but it really sounds to me like you're on autopilot, because this is not an all-or-nothing issue.
But maybe that's just me because I've heard this view so many times...this tired old clap-trap that "guns don't kill people, people kill people," when both cases are clearly true to an extent and there is no black and white on the issue, i.e., People kill other people with guns. Bumper sticker-isms fail to negate the truth, sorry.
In relation, and to demonstrate that I am no stranger to the issue, I used to live not far away from Kennesaw, Georgia, where it's the law that you must own a firearm.

Look, if you really want to keep your guns and at the same time
eliminate a lot of the gun crime in America here's what you do:
You do something (hell if I know what...at least talk about it to others) about our government importing cocaine directly into this country and all the gang culture it has spawned that use the guns to kill people, many of which are often innocent bystanders. And much of it, Rob, is coming in right over Texas' airspace.
You demand that guns are to only be sold by licensed gun dealers and that the Wild West days of gun shows are fucking over!
Another thing you do is personally lobby to help shut down these hate-groups.
You also must advocate more regulation of handguns, not only for people trying to obtain them, but additional regulation for the manufacturers.
Of course, it takes money to overcome inherency and create change. Therefore, you put a ceiling on how much gun manufacturers can charge in the U.S. and you simply start taxing the shit out of both domestic gun manufacturers and those that are importing them; they can afford it. Besides, it would be just the tip of the iceberg as far as what these gun manufacturer fucks truly owe society. Also, the cost of a gun wouldn't rise because of the price ceiling and thus this wouldn't necessarily encourage more black market sales.

I find your suggestion of a required training course in firearms safety for all citizens just a little tiny tad extreme.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|