View Single Post
Old 04.16.2007, 06:07 PM   #145
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Robinson
do we ban fertilizer because it was allegedly what mcveigh used to kill more people than all those 20 school shootings combined?

You cant carry fertilizer around on your person and use it instantly. The point about guns is its BANG and thats it, dead, its a million times easier. If you are going to do a Columbine you are clearly gone in the head and the deed has nothing to do with the weapon you are using; you will achieve your goal no matter what. Guns are easy.

Ok theres a study called the Milgram experiment that i imagine many of you are familiar with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
This is a study based on conformity and authority obedience and such, but i want to focus on another aspect of it.
"In the variation where immediacy of the "learner" was closest, participants had to physically hold the learner's arm onto a shock plate, which decreased compliance. In this latter condition, 30% completed the experiment"
My point about this is that when you hold a gun it is psychologically easier to kill someone, you just pull the trigger, you can do it on impulse and thats it. When you stab someone, there is more proximity, more physical aggression. And i think that a gun reduces the amount of anger and aggresion needed to kill.

And i want to point out that though im in England im not going to try and make points about american culture or society that i dont understand, im just talking about guns in the hands of anyone.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|