View Single Post
Old 04.15.2007, 08:40 PM   #104
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
now this is where we disagree i think the flaming lips have evolved more than sonic youth have. they might not be as creative.
I totally agree. Simply on the basis of evolution, Flaming Lips FAR surpasses Sonic Youth. Not saying that this is any indication of their music - like I said before, I don't get into the whole "who's better than who" discussion - but listening to SY era 87 and then 07, it's believable they are the same band. With the Flaming Lips on the other hand, unless you are already aware of their discography, you would probably not realize they are the same.

(Sorry if my arguements sound elementry, I am very tired, and also none too bright )
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|