View Single Post
Old 04.05.2007, 03:55 PM   #19
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
This is not just "good". This is a true masterpiece.

I think i might have to agree, i just heard it and boy its a dandy!
Alot more "rockin" than i would expect for an free/improv noise album, some great moments of intensity where all players are on the same page but each adding unique soudn and their style. Nilseen-Love is a great drummer saw him in the Brotzmann Tentet and this recording reconfirms that, Massimo's bass work is nice too since never having heard him before i think i need to pick up some of those Zu recordings. Plus the recording quality is quite great, the rhythm section sounds strong! i think at times it seems thurston is missing in the mix because i'm quite used to him being really apparant and in your face but he's mixed at a good level and complements well with Terrie Ex's guitar playing... i think right now this is definitly one of the top releases of avant/noise/improv of the year.

i like this comment: "Kim Gordon's husband Thurston Moore" instead of "Sonic Youth member Thurston Moore"
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|