View Single Post
Old 04.05.2007, 01:09 AM   #25
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Not arab per se, but a good "jazz" record combining oud, tablas and saxophone, sometimes individually. There's at least one solo song by each, it's one of my favorites when high, but you've got to be able to stand Garbarek's sax tone, which is okay on this record. Some of his other stuff on the other hand is quite new age-y. It's an acquired taste, like most stuff on ECM

I've never been able to get Jan Garbarek, I listened to Twelve Moons but it just sounded too 80's with the over the top synths and drum sound , and his almost smooth jazz tone. Does this album sound as overly produced? Cos I love the idea of middle eastern jazz, especially Duke Ellington's Far East Suite, and am curious about this cd.
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|