Thread: Peter Brotzmann
View Single Post
Old 03.29.2007, 10:42 AM   #7
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
go w/ fuck de boere and and nipples first because i suggest starting w/ his early stuff those were recorded in the late 60's i think and feature Derek Bailey, Han Bennink and et al... Nipples is a classic and is mentioned on Thurston's free jazz Top Ten I thinks.

then go w/ Little Birds... which is also really good, was recorded in the 90's i believe and features, William Parker, Hamid Drake and Toshinaro Kondo... there are two volumes of this title if i'm not mistaken.

Brotzmann is on tour again in the states, or will be as far as i know, he's playing here in a few weeks with a trio and an electric bass player?! (i sense another Last Exit!) it will be the 6th or so time i've seen him...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|