View Single Post
Old 03.15.2007, 07:54 AM   #1
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
'Rockin on Paper' is a 320 pages full color history on the Vera Club and it's posters. The Vera Club in Groningen has been renowned for being a cool place to perform for the alternative music scene. Part of it's charm are the posters: silk screened with lots of original artwork. Mementos for both audience and band. This book contains a broad selection of the archived posters (more than 300) between the really early years and somewhere around 2005. Next to it a short historical overview of the Club and some personal memories on some of the -for a variety of reasons- more memorable performances. Interviews with: Lee Ranaldo, Mick Collins, Lou Barlow, Kim Gordon, David Yow, Ross Knight. Text is in both Dutch and English.

With the book comes a DVD containing original live footage shot at and by the VERA Club itself. Exciting performances by: the Gunclub, Monster Magnet, Dead Moon, Giant Sand, Sebadoh, Cosmic Psychos, the Gories, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Dinosaur jr., Sonic Youth and Beat Happening.

http://www.veraboek.nl/

The Sonic Youth songs on the DVD are:

# Sonic Youth: Schizophrenia (aka Sister)
# Sonic Youth: Xpressway To Yr. Skull (aka The Crucifixion Of Sean Penn aka Madonna, Sean And Me)
# Sonic Youth: Pacific Coast Highway
# Sonic Youth: Beauty Lies In The Eye
# Sonic Youth: Tom Violence
# Sonic Youth: White Kross

According to the concert chronology, SY have played in Vera in 1983, 1985, 1986 and 1987. I'm guessing this is all from 1987, but I don't know really.
Complete tracklisting of the DVD can be found here
http://www.grunnenrocks.nl/label/v/verarecords.htm

Now before you all get out your credit cards, it costs €35 ex shipping, with free shipping within holland. I'll see if I can find it in the bookstores later this week to find out what it's like.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|