Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 01:34 PM   #397
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
hey man, its the 'cheap' 90 euro Crybaby GCB-95 wah. not worth the money. its weak and has close to no sweep.

my order is changed now
its
holy grail
muff
ds1
blue box
crybaby

okay i'm getting a delay next, and then after possibly another fuzz pedal and after a small clone or a stone, i dont know

yeah i was gonna suggest swapping the muff and ds-1... muffs sound great last in the chain of distortion boxes. ever tried the crybaby last before the holy grail? instead of first in the chain, it might be too much Wah action though, which is what i've found.

anyways my chain has completely done a make over as my guitar sounds has taken quite a turn... sounds like a cross between keiji haino noise, lightning bolt/ruins and some old school cliff burton style thrash metal...

Dunlop Hendrix Octave Fuzz
Boss Octave OC-2 (older model)
Proco Rat (older model from 80's)
EH Big Muff (Russian) ***optional***
DOD Death Metal

with both the octave fuzz and boss octave on at the same time, the off tracking gets really wacky and intense, most people don't prefer this but i use this as part of my sound and i think its interesting and different, add the Rat and the Death Metal and its great NOISE! i get super weird oscillating feedback and sustain with all the pedals on and its not much like anything i can really think of, i also play in lower tunings, not quite baritone but often in Drop D or C variants

basically put all my delays aside for now (digitech 2 second delay & EH Deluxe Memory Man) as it will make me concentrate on what i'm playing in realtime as delays can sometimes be a crutch though they do help make your guitar sound alot more fuller, though i must say those have been my two favorites that i still use over the years.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|