View Single Post
Old 04.25.2006, 01:23 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
!"£$% - You're a top poster, and I'm not wanting to start an argument (not that I am with anyone else on this thread, you understand), but saying Nietzsche 'smashes' philosophy and then conveniently disliking the books which don't fit your appreciation of Nietzsche (who was, for the most part, fairly consistent) strikes me as ignoring the general thrust of philosophy - no one 'smashes' anything, rarely does an idea not return on the whim of the zeitgeist. I've read papers saying Nietzsche has more in common with ancient Sufism and Buddhism than Western philosophy - and although I disagree with most of them, the philosophy student in me has to assert that all philosophy exists in a continuum, never exempt of context which is often the mis-apprehension of science rather than philosophy.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, you're all wrong apart from the bits where you say I'm a prick, and I'm going to bed.

*Edit - any criticisms of my articulation at the moment are spot on as well.

oh man, how could i have missed this. sorry for the lack of a prompt reply. yes, i'm inconsistent and i'm certainly using a scandal-sheet style of writing here i've been around this board long enough to have learned the hard way that academic discussions are wasted on most people-- so yes, i exaggerate and make an ass of myself. sure, nietzsche was refuting idealism, etc etc-- i won't discuss that over the internet though-- the place is more suitable for jokes! does anybody *really* read to understand? you and a couple of others... most people just want to hear their own voice. but anyway, yeah, i don't like the style of zarathustra if thats the book you're refering to-- the ideas are fine, it's just the mythical dithyrambs that annoy me (and his animals! gack!) regardless of how much nietzsche loved it. maybe it's the translation that fucks it up. now, back to toilet jokes
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|