View Single Post
Old 03.07.2007, 03:34 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
He would be tall, a native american with long hair and broad shoulders, he would be amazingly kind without even a hint of evil in him, as if he never even learnt what evil is. He would have a job where he worked with his hands, he would love me all the time, whenever wherever.
We would live in the Topanga Canyon where it is sunny all the time and never rains. We would have a bungalow house with wooden floors covered in large rugs, the house would constantly smell of sandlewood, we would hang things in the windows and cook all meals together, our house would have a big back yard and a trampoline and a place to grow some vegetables.
and our children would be beautiful.

pardon me, mademoiselle, and your dream sounds lovely, but may i interject to say that my dear wife would say that you're perpetuating stereotypes by romanticizing the indian? he would be amazingly kind without even a hint of evil in him, as if he never even learnt what evil is sounds awfully pretty, but it's straight out of rousseau's conceptions of the "noble savage", and beyond that...

im gonna quote howard zinn cos it's readily available on google:

Quote:
Columbus wrote:
"As soon as I arrived in the Indies, on the first Island which I found, I took some of the natives by force in order that they might learn and might give me information of whatever there is in these parts." The information that Columbus wanted most was: Where is the gold?
The Indians, Columbus reported, "are so naive and so free with their possessions that no one who has not witnessed them would believe it. When you ask for something they have, they never say no. To the contrary, they offer to share with anyone...." He concluded his report by asking for a little help from their Majesties, and in return he would bring them from his next voyage "as much gold as they need . . . and as many slaves as they ask." He was full of religious talk: "Thus the eternal God, our Lord, gives victory to those who follow His way over apparent impossibilities."
Because of Columbus's exaggerated report and promises, his second expedition was given seventeen ships and more than twelve hundred men. The aim was clear: slaves and gold. They went from island to island in the Caribbean, taking Indians as captives. But as word spread of the Europeans' intent they found more and more empty villages. On Haiti, they found that the sailors left behind at Fort Navidad had been killed in a battle with the Indians, after they had roamed the island in gangs looking for gold, taking women and children as slaves for sex and labor.

anyway, injuns are just like anybody else-- only hotter, i give you that.

where was i going with this? oh i forget...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|