View Single Post
Old 02.05.2007, 05:22 PM   #41
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I'd like to start eating more healthy than I do now. Once I get on my own, I can set up my own menu.

When I was your age, I didn't always have an easy way other than the bus or relying on friends and/or roommates to go to the grocery store. Now, I make sure to go (I usually walk, but live nearby) the grocery store once or twice a week.
When I was younger, I also had a hard time relinquishing money to the grocery store because I simply didn't have it (because I went to the bar every night, bought cigs every day, and a bag every week, and that would effectively clean me out). Paying bills would be something that I would do out of the week's check that the week the bills were due and it usually meant bumming out until the next paycheck, when the cycle started all over again.

Eating healthy is especially expensive, but doesn't necessarily have to be all that much more expensive. Besides, if one is eating out at all, you can definitely afford to spend that money more wisely at the grocery store.

And then there's always the concern for the time one has to devote to preparing meals and young people usually opt not to spend any free time that way. There are so many healthy things that you can eat that really don't take much time though. I buy fish from the store that's pre-marinated. I buy a head of lettuce and spend a little more and get a pre-prepared vegetable tray that has my weekly assortment of raw material for salads. Salads or quesadillas, for instance, are pretty quick and some steamed shrimp (I buy it pre-steamed and pre-seasoned fro hte deli at the store and never frozen) or sushi is ready-to-eat cold right out of the freezer. Fruit and nuts are, of course, ready whenever you want to grab a bite too.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|