Thread: bob dylan
View Single Post
Old 04.20.2006, 05:27 PM   #19
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah I have that and No Direction Home which was ok, but kind of disappointing. The majority of it was just about him plugging in....Christ we get it! Bob did more than just that!

Think that was the point, excising a small sliver of his rather immense career & spreading it out. Plus the film worked beautifully, building through the new york folk scene up into the fantastic, drug-addled early eletric. I nearly wet myself when they lashed into maggie's farm at Newport. Also the way it was intercut with that interview with Pete Seeger, you could still see how bitter he was about it.

Some of his later stuff is really good, Oh Mercy, Love & Theft & Time out of Mind especially. Just avoid pretty much everything beween 1977 & 87 and you should be fine.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|