View Single Post
Old 12.27.2006, 04:36 PM   #62
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
I knew that your position originated precisely in the gauging of what is considred good "psychedelic" music. I knew that you felt that the garage rock, early Krautrock, and other psychedelia of the '60s by more marginal bands is better music than a lot of The Beatles and that this was the wellspring of your agenda.

The vast majority of "Krautrock" occurred post-Beatles in any case, and while I may personally see much of this music as fantastic, I have never told you that you are "misguided" or "transparently contrarian" if you don't bow down to Can (who made plenty of crappy records in addition to great ones) or Neu! (who were certainly guilty of a lot of musical regurgitation amongst their shining moments). Just because I think band X or Y has made an important contribution to music doesn't mean other people will, and I can accept that without making some kind of bogus attempt at psychoanalyzing them because they think Keiji Haino's music sounds like a cat stuck in a vacuum cleaner. In fact, if someone can acknowledge the validity of the work of an artist like Haino while simultaneously not being a fan of his music, I will give that person some credit for that. I certainly won't tell that person they are "misguided" in their opinions and try and pinpoint "the wellspring of their agenda." I will tell them why I disagree with them, but to make personal remarks based on subjective matters like whether or not someone likes this or that band is as "misguided" as any skewed take on art.
Also, it's not an all-or-nothing proposition. I was merely chiming in on a thread. I like a few of their songs, I hate a few, and a whole lot are neither here nor there for me. If my appearance in this thread was "predictable," your position and presence in this thread are as well.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|