View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 12:38 PM   #10
bloodface
little trouble girl

bloodface has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice bat
No doubt that is an improvement in many ways. My only concerns are about 1) venue size relative to V∞redoms' / Boredoms' drawing power -- I bet the Turf will be PACKED --and 2) advance ticket sales.

For sure, it could of been in a bigger place, but we likely would not have been able to do much else, nor would we really have control over any other venue. When me and Clint did Destijl/Freedom From II at the Fine Line, they tried to get us to pay an additional $8000.00 for not meeting the food/drink quota the day after the festival. At least with the Turf, we know what we will get. It's a friendly confine, people can easily hang out outside in the back, it's VERY accessable from the highway and there is TONS of parking. Oh, and we get %100 of the door. Whereas the bigger venues that *MIGHT* of been available do not have all of the above, and it will ALWAYS be a split on the door. With the Turf, we are able to see our expenses and revenues in real terms rather than strange floating percentages that come pay time we might not have control over.

I agree, having a room capacity of 1000 would be sweet, but that place currently does not exist with proper parking and door deals.

In terms of advance tickets, we are just about done setting that all up and they will likely go on sale at some point next week, we just need to finalize the bill and finish our negotiations with a ticket provider and decide if they are worth it or if we will just use paypal.

In terms of what Version of the Boredoms are going to be playing on this tour, I have heard in our discussions through Windish that it indeed is sounding like it is the original version of the Boredoms, or something very close to resembling that.

Lastly, Taiwan Deth are now confirmed for this festival, with a few more rolling in shortly...
bloodface is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|