View Single Post
Old 12.10.2006, 08:13 PM   #81
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Why? I know girls in bands and they never went to any form of music camp. Neither did I or any of my friends in bands and we still play live.

I don't completely follow you. Of course there are plenty of people who can play and don't need to go to a camp to do so. For me I could do it and go on stage after three months of picking up an instrument. My window of opportunity to do this is pretty small since I'm in my 30s and planning on having a family at some point. I can't have a career, a kid and a band. Not saying it couldn't be done - it I'm sure is, but I personally don't want to juggle all that.

Quote:
So wouldn't that have something to do with the way certain girls themselves think, rather than what males or anybody else think of them as female musicians?
What males or anyone else thinks of me as a musician had nothing to do with why I went to camp. I think that's precisely my point. Everyone else is attributing it to being a certain type of girl, i.e. one with issues of self. I'm saying that's bogus, especially in the realm of kids' camp.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|