Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2006, 01:50 PM   #124
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
The Frequency Analyzer kicks ass. Not as much functionality on it as a moog, but I get a lot of use out of it. Listen for it at the end of this song:

http://download.yousendit.com/F6E5CA44561234EF

It has a lot more uses than that, but since it (and the moog) are both sine wave ring mods, they have a much cleaner sound than other ring mods, and you can get chimey, metallic, and bell like stuff. You can make them sound more vintage if you put a fuzz before them.

Oh, and whoever was asking about crybabies- don't get one, they suck tone like mad. I've never noticed any pedal I've ever owned sucking tone, but a crybaby definitely does.

Also, whoever was talking about true bypass- you don't want everything true bypass, because you can still have a signal loss from all that wiring. You want atleast one buffer in your signal chain too.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|