View Single Post
Old 12.07.2006, 02:09 PM   #204
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Ok. So. Perhaps I was a little rash in my opinions. I DO hate Bowie, and that's not likely to change any time soon. He's one of the many people I've beat my head against a brick wall with several thousand times. I'm incredibly sensitive to voices, which isn't something that anyone else can do anything about, and neither should they. My opinion isn't terribly important.

And gmku, like I say, don't be disheartened. I'm a complete aesthetic fascist, I'm still very much stuck in the 12-yr-old mould of being passionate beyond ration - as it happens, I think very little of musical appreciation fits into the mould of being 'rational' until one gets to the plane of sophistry, ie, music theory.

I should've said from the offset that the artwork was my favourite of any mixtape I've recieve for many a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Speaking of lazy......"Then the fucking Clash, who are shit." Isn't this sort of a lazy explanation?

Necessarily so. If you're genuinely interested in a taxonomy of my dislike for the Clash, then I'm happy to write one. If you're interested in a detailed biopsy of any of my opinions, again, I'm more than happy to give one. Ultimately, no one's going to be convinced by any argument I provide, because people over the age of 14 have usually made their mind up about most things.

J&MC are talked about all the time on this forum. Everyone here likes them. Everyone. I don't think even captain contrary Hayden can be bothered to dislike them. And this mixtape swap is alligned to the context of this forum, no? So far as I can make out, they are as well-liked on this forum as SY. So that's the providence of that sleight.

I'm not so sure it's an obscure Bowie choice, but I have a lot of friends who love China Girl. But that's neither here nor there.

I dislike the inference that I should keep an 'open mind'. Obviously, I've gone overboard, so that's entirely understandable and I probably deserve it.

Look, the bottom line is, I'm glad that gmku has gone to the bother of joining in, making an excellent cover for, thinking about and constructing , and sending a tape that he, himself, would like to recieve. I didn't like it, but what the fuck difference does that make to anyone's lives? My Dad listened to it this afternoon, and seems to be enjoying it, so all is well. I happen to have an aversion for white boys with guitars, and am an irrational little cunt. The latter obviously means I fit right in on this forum, the former apparently less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|