View Single Post
Old 12.02.2006, 08:00 AM   #1
suprgalacticlova
empty page

suprgalacticlova has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi,

I’ve been a Sonic Youth fan for years and I appreciate the band’s regularity in organizing live shows in Belgium.

I decided however, as did a lot of other Belgian Sonic Youth aficionados I know, not to attend their concert scheduled December, 11 & 12 at the Halles de Schaerbeek.

On December, 12, I will indeed be at the Botanique, approximately 500 metres away from the Halles, where a multicultural, multiskilled, talented and promising young band named The Guillemots (You must have heard of them !) will be performing live…

Perhaps Sonic Youth’s not aware of this – That’s what managers are for, right ? – but one single ticket for their venue costs no less than 30 €.

Both dates were sold out almost instantly, so why bother fixing a lower entry price ? you might ask. To allow everybody, independently from their revenue level, to enjoy Sonic Youth’s “compact potency of rock ‘n’ roll enlightment” (as stated by the new album’s promo one-liner) and to make (so called independent) culture accessible to all !, would be my reply.

I think the Sonic Youth fan base is large enough to allow the band to consider avoiding to increase Live Nation’s worldwide monopoly on live performances.

Pardon my irony, but after all, they’re Sonic Youth, they’re not The Rolling Stones, are they ?... Are the ‘indie’ years really “passé” ?...

Regards,
suprgalacticlova is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|