View Single Post
Old 11.28.2006, 05:55 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
its safe to say sonic youth have broke into the mainstream. they arent all that "underground"...and not long after the late KDC champiuoned them it hasnt been (esp at one point in their carreer) so rare to see them on MTV (shit, thurstons even hosted shows on the channel). and for fuck sakes.....rather ripped can be bought at wal mart...no bullshit.

mainstream doesnt translate into "garbage music everyone likes" like so many kids like to believe.

theres plenty of great bands that are "mainstream"...well...not so many at the moment...but we could certainly use some to challenge all the garbage thats currently going on and maybe pave the way for future creative outlets.

ha ha yes rather ripped i saw @ walmart & i wanted to cry

well yes i guess what i mean is they never made millions like thruston wanted. o well.

the thing is mainstream/underground is no longer so sharp a distinction in that blurry zone in the middle, whereas the extremes are highly recognizable, but armies of cool hunters working for the advertising industry will always manage to co-opt anything even vaguely new or revive buried gems such as nick drake etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|