Thread: Favorite Venue
View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 11:10 AM   #24
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
London venues are the only venues I'm really familiar with. (Except the Paradiso in Amsterdam. Which I love. Particularly the upstairs.)

The Borderline is a nice (tiny) London venue. Probably my favourite small place. It's hidden away, down a little side-street, in a basement. (But not in a abandon-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here kind of way.. like the Underworld in Camden. Which has a distinct "bowels of hell" feel to it.)

The Astoria is HORRIBLE (sound-wise, view-wise, everything-except-the-location-wise). The Brixton Academy is way better, (mid-size-venue-wise). I love the Scala, but I'm not quite sure why. The Forum I also like for no really good reason besides having seen some really great shows there. Same goes for the Hammersmith Apollo (also, next time you're there, look up at the ceiling above the balcony and tell me what you see....)

KOKO has yet to grow on me (pretty as it now is on the inside) but it's a definite improvement on (its former self) the Camden Palace. Kudos interior designer. That giant mirrorball? CLASSY. I hope it's well-anchored.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|