View Single Post
Old 11.11.2006, 10:39 PM   #24
marsvoodoo
empty page

marsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of light
on 2002 i was into bands like vomito negro, à;GRUMH... and eventually started to listen to throbbing gristle. then one guy said "if you like noise you should try to listen to sonic youth... download murray street", and i did, and the reaction after listening without much atention was, "oh, boring rock stuff, i don't like it" (even if i already like some rock bands).
some time later one girlfriend sent me a cd with lots of mp3s, and there was a thousand leaves, murray street and nurse. still it didn't work, listened without atention, and... "boring rock stuff".
soon after i started to give more atention to the "boring rock stuff", like placebo, and i was feeling that i wanted something more.. more... more better.
one day the same girl of the cd, then ex-girlfriend, e-mailed me Sunday. i remember of listening to it on the bed, enjoying some lazyness, and it was OH FUCK THAT'S IT!!!
next day i told another girl "oh, i was listening to a sonic youth song yesterday and OH FUCK THAT'S IT!!", and she sent me the 100% video. in the following weeks, every morning, after waking up to go to the university, i listened to sunday and watched the video at least three times. i download some albuns, first sister, then confusion is sex, and the first ep (and, later, every single one), and remembered of the cd that the ex-girlfriend had sent to me, and when i was already obsessed, i was at a friend's house and he played teen age riot. this song have that kind of magic, and i became more obsessed.
one year ago when they came to brazil i was convinced that they are my favourite band, and, well, they are.
now i'm trying to collect the vinyls and stuff.
marsvoodoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|