View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 10:20 AM   #52
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
They were "over the top" for radio rock, but when you consider what Metallica and Slayer were doing, they still come off as pansies who didn't "push" much of anything. Bar rock.

By "over the top," I don't mean hardcore or innovative - I mean theatrical and, to an extent, absurd. They were almost a grunged-up version of glam rock.

It's almost like Madonna's Immaculate Collection (though she was much more innovative than GnR) - I'm personally not a fan of Madonna, and sure, it was mainstream, fluffy pop, and a significant portion of its appeal lay in image, but in its entirety, that album was still undeniably well done for its genre.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|