View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 09:34 AM   #47
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I hated it then and I hate it still.
It always mystified me that so many basically cool people liked this idiot-mullet L.A. crap rock.
I'm sorry; I like a lot of "stupid" rock music, but this stuff is just too far over the edge into spandex town.
I will cut you some slack because you were in diaper school when this LP came out; I remember it as a teenager, and I remember hating it. A lot.

There are a lot of "flawlessly done" albums with crappy songs, derivative playing and unlistenable vocals. It doesn't make them any better.

That's just it, I don't like GnR. It's only my opinion, but in spite of disliking them, I think that for their 'genre' (I'm really growing to hate that term), they made an exceptional album.

That was part of their appeal as well - their complete absurdity. You're right, they were over the top, but they knew it, and played it up for all it was worth.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|