View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 09:18 AM   #57
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Suddenly struck, or maybe just realizing it?

Sebadoh connects with people for certain reasons, mostly because of lyric content and honesty. Also, Sebadoh's been around for a while, so you may be too young to really appreciate what an incredible band they were back in the early 90s.

I saw them in the early 90s and they were fucking awful.
That was honestly one of the worst shows I saw in that whole time period, and Lou gave off a vibe of contempt for his own audience that I have seldom seen. When you combine that with the fact that about 5% of that music is even remotely listenable 10 years down the line (this stuff has aged TERRIBLY), I have to say that I also find the fact that people carry a torch for this band very odd.

"Incredible band in the early 90s?" I say no.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|