View Single Post
Old 11.01.2006, 10:34 AM   #8
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
"Stars are Blind" honestly isn't bad. It's cheap (Paris, why does this song sound cheap?) reggae with pretty fairly whispered vocals. The part near the end where she sings "Excuse me for feeling..." sends me.

The thing is she's super rich and should have offered this record for free. Agreed?

Here's a glowing All Music Guide review - It's four paragraphs long and four and a half starred. And here's a paragraph from the review...

Make no mistake, Paris is a very good pop album, at times deliberately reminiscent of Blondie, Madonna, and Gwen Stefani, yet having its own distinct character — namely, Paris' persona, which is shamelessly shallow and devoid of any depth. Where that might be irritating within a movie or within pop culture at large, when placed in a shiny, hooky dance-pop album it works splendidly, particularly because the songs are strong and Storch and company know how to keep things light — and everybody involved knows that it's fun to play around with Paris' image, no matter if it's her murmuring "that's hot" at the beginning of the record or covering Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy," or writing about her feud with Nicole Ritchie on the delightful "Jealousy." But for as much as Paris is about Paris, she doesn't necessarily stand out here; her voice — which is almost certainly auto-tuned and tweaked by a computer, yet it's nevertheless appealing, more so than Britney Spears' often awkward squawk — may blend into the production, yet that actually helps the recordings since it emphasizes the melodies above everything else. And there are some irresistible melodies here: the breezy "Stars Are Blind," the gilded rush of "I Want You" driven by a "Grease" sample, the sweet "Time After Time" rewrite "Heartbeat," and the great power pop of "Screwed," for starters.

My favorite pop song at the moment is Fergie's "Fergilicious". She has the most delicious rapping voice. The song is basically a rip-off of the underrated "My Humps". Is it the fact that she refers to her butt as a lump that drives people crazy?
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|