View Single Post
Old 10.22.2006, 10:43 PM   #19
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by against_the_grain
And yeah TheDom, that chopped up version on the Berkeley DVD pisses me off. Ya know, one of my favorite parts of that DVD is when they show those 13 to 14 year old girls against the stage rocking out...right under Jimi. I think they focus on them during Voodoo Child the most. Just great ! I was against the stage like that for so many shows I went to in the early 70s when I was 14 and 15. Just like that...chest high, close enough to touch !

That's my pet dislike with music footage from the 60s and 70s. They don't know what to film. They were stuck on them girls for too long, and I'm like "I don't care, show the band". Also alot of footage them days they'd spend way too much time just on the strumming/picking hand, which shows you very little, I do ike though when they focus on the fret hand. Or they focus too much on just Jimi's head. Meh.