View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 06:53 PM   #38
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
The death penalty in America is a response to poor financial management.

It was my impression that it is actually more expensive to put someone to death than to keep them in prison for life, due to the expenses incurred in the appeals process.

I am against it simply because it has been used on the wrong people in the past and will be used on the wrong people in the future. It has been statistically disproved as a deterrent to capital crimes, thus making it really all about vengeance.
If we were to continue to have the death penalty and people are all up in arms about "victim's rights," I say let the families decide. More importantly, make the families actually carry out the sentence. You want 'em dead, you kill 'em.
Some would, some wouldn't. Some would surely have regrets on both sides of their decisions.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|