View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
J Mascis likes to play loud. when I saw them hre last month I was screaming along to every song at the top of my lungs and I could not hear myself for shit!!!!

here is a snippet from an interview with MURPH

Q - How do you keep from going deaf?
A - We wear earplugs. But Lou and I were actually talking about that last night after the show -- how like, people were complaining and we've been complaining of like, weird bodily symptoms [from the volume].
Q - What kind of symptoms? A - While I'm playing, my hand will go numb -- like, literally, I'll get pins and needles. Or your heart flutters while you're playing. It's the low frequencies. Those are the ones that can really get you. I think over the years since we've been playing so loud, we're addicted to the volume -- the assault. Even though it's, like, weird -- you get weird side effects -- it just doesn't feel right if it's not that loud.