View Single Post
Old 10.10.2006, 09:58 PM   #35
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Early songs by KK Rampage qualify for this as well I think.

DJ Rick is probably the only person who knows what I'm saying.

Certainly we share a committed fandom of KK Rampage, but I do disagree on this particular point. Early KK Rampage songs qualify only for making a case that these guys are the most improved band of 2006.

I've written extensively about KK Rampage on a different message board today, so I'm kinda tapped out when it comes to further explaining that. But I do intend it to be a compliment more than a slam.

When I think of their newer songs and their early meanderings around the edges of songforms, I generally think of the guitar and drums as being no less than 90% of the driving force. Perhaps this leaves one more area of development for KK Rampage as a band. But even if they continue to make EPs in the mold of Lies, Deception, & Tall-Tales, they will just solidify themselves as a band that has grown from being largely antics-based to a band that can make really good and intriguing songs.

Well, there...I went ahead and explained myself, I guess.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|