View Single Post
Old 04.11.2006, 04:10 PM   #9
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
I'm more familiar with the comic strip too....is the cartoon good?

Its not a fast action cartoon, very slow and delibrate. The self hating black man character comes across even angrier and self hating.

CH
I'm not sure where McGruder gets his politcal knowledge but he does come up with ongoing story lines not geared to politics. ( genearational differences between grand parents and kids- music differences-chores-back talking to yr elders, internet dating, bet and upn not making interesting tv, interacial kids adapting at school )

If in fact McGruder is is copying WBAI or Public Enemy cira '91 or Chomsky politically its still cool to me that he's putting it in the form of a cartoon that some 14 yr old kid in Texas can read over Cheerios.

Oh and the whole week of comics about trying to get Condi Rice a boyfriend
was hilarious.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|