Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 09.22.2006, 04:23 PM   #140
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Dmitri Shostakovich is intriguing. I'm not familiar with him, but with some research I what a prominent Russian he was! One thing can be said about the Soviet Union, they sure sure did honor their outstanding citizens, even the bizarre ones. I wonder how widely available his material is. Perhaps a call to my Muscovite cousin is in the works.

oh man shostakovich was an amazing composer. he did some symphonies for stalin but he also did some very "anxious" string quartets on the private side that some people agree are more like it felt living under that monster.

i remember once upon a time i was in some friends apartment smoking a very social joint & they had shostakovich on & i got the most frightful paranoia. but sober is quite fucking amazing.

yes yes, check out the string quartets.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|