Scaledown - Six disparate acts - Friday 22nd Sept (Free)
Featuring live performances from (in vaguely alphabetical order):
- With his unpredictable friend Porta-Toni, Scaledown welcomes reclusive 8-bit pop maestro Don Tempi, who shall be performing excerpts from his current work in progress entitled 'Music For Adverts'.
- Causing much interest on the experimental electronica circuit, Isnaj Dui conjures a unique blend of acoustic instruments and electronically manipulated effects. Concert and bass flutes are used alongside effects and looping devices.
- Joe makes a welcome return to Scaledown following his debut with The Distractions in March. Mr Williamson, a renowned bassist in the improv and free jazz scene, performs a solo acoustic set for us this month
- Nicely experimental yet strangely catchy electronic music all the way from Gothenburg in Sweden. Nim is briefly visiting London so we are pleased that he is able to perform at Scaledown.
- The occasional solo project of Leisur hive singer and writer, Daniel Knowler, manipulating tapes and sounds to create dark and haunting textures.
- The mainstay of Screamer On The Hill treats us a solo rendition of his songs. A truly unique songwriter, equally at home with folk, country or blues.
Friday 22nd September - 7pm
The King & Queen
1 Foley Street, London, W1W 6DL