Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 08:08 AM   #2
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Ok, show me how much of a nerd you are...

Anyone else listen to shortwave radio?

Totally awesome, crazy, bizarre, weird, fucked up shit is heard on the shortwaves.

Shortwave Radio.

There certainly is. You're in America, I see, you might hear totlally different stuff to me.

I like all the state-funded foreign stations, coming on for an hour at a time to give out the party line. Radio Tirana (Albania) and Radio Vilnius (lituania) used to be very good at that, but I haven't found them for a while.

The Czech Republic and Turkey seem to take it most seriously, and that Beijing one (Radio China International?) too.

The Romanian one is quite good. I also occaisionally get a combined Asia station, BBC WOrld Service of course, Israel, Bulgaria, Voice of America, Spain, and others too. Years ago there was the American Armed Forces Network, which had live NFL commentary, but not for a long time.

I often come across Brother Stair, from the Overcomer Ministry in South Carolina. Absolute Christian fundamentalism, quite an honest i reading of the Bible, but some of the opinions stated (like on homosexuality) are not tolerant in the least. That's fundamentalisn for you. An interesting listen, though, even if (like me) you're not Christian.

There is a very strange, possibly German station that broadcasts on about 5.98 on the49 meter band. It's either a very unusual experimental avant garde arts station, or it's sinister. Which leads me onto...

NUMBER STATIONS! Great stuff, espionage broadcasts from across the world. There's still a few to be heard, and it's alway a slightly spooky feeling when you do.

How about you?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|