Thread: Comus
View Single Post
Old 09.11.2006, 06:07 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
Yeah, pure evil
well said.
I love the way how the guitars melt together and sometimes start to sound like rain.

Any Other albums by Comus that you would suggest?

No. Their second and last album is really limp prog; none of the strength of the first. If you want something close to the vein of First Utterance, I suggest you get "Rats and Mice In The Loft" by Jan Dukes De Grey, or "Ultrasonic Seraphim" by Sand. These are the only things from that time period that even approach Comus in mood, substance or subject matter in my opinion.
They were most definitely a prime influence on Current 93's folk material though; try Earth Covers Earth, Swastikas For Noddy or Thunder Perfect Mind, or indeed their latest, "Black Ships Ate The Sky." You may like this stuff if you like Comus and have not already heard Current 93. Some people have difficulty with David Tibet's vocal style, but if you are a Comus fan I don't think there will be any problem there.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|