View Single Post
Old 09.07.2006, 10:14 AM   #13
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
My perspective on the Doors has changed. I think why I didn't like them when I was younger was that I thought they wanted to be taken seriously. They did, of course, but not they way I was thinking, that they intended something "heavy" on the face of their music. What I've realized is that they were poking fun of the "heavy" side of the 1960s; their genius lies in this, that they could seemingly fit into that 1960s counterculture while also criticizing it by mocking it in their music. That's what I think their music is really about--a critique of American society in general but also a critique--through parody of the rock music they've chosen as their art form--of the excesses of 1960s counterculture.