View Single Post
Old 04.09.2006, 03:50 PM   #5
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
It started with the anti-abortion movement of the far right during the Reagan years.

Yeah, and the list of concocted issues just keeps growing. I think (I hope?) at some point the ease of this tactic will increase the amount of people coming up with these ready-made issues and that people will get wise to it, but it hasn't happened yet. At some point people may realize that the issues that are most important to them when they vote have been made up and slipped into their heads while they were watching tv, listening to the radio, or reading the paper, or whatever.

My parents have voted Republican in the past - they voted for Bush in 2004 and at least my dad now regrets it. And he admits that it was issues like abortion that made him vote for Bush even though he knew it wasn't in his best interest.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|