Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 08.29.2006, 06:08 PM   #72
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you know guys it's funny that i don't have a shortwave radio so i shouldn't even be posting in this thread. but i understand that the u.s. is cutting funds from their own shortwave radio programs. it's all web now i think.

You could always get a radio - a good solid investment, I'd say.

The dropping of shortwave is a common thing now. The BBC is also cutting its World Service broadcasts. The idea of government-line shortwave broadcasts to the world is an old-fashioned one, really. You'll find that the nations who still take it most seriously are generally either communist or former communist, and apart from giving news to ex-pats, the whole point of the broadcasts was mainly to spread propaganda to the world.

The internet is becoming the most efficient way to do everything, it would seem.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|