View Single Post
Old 08.19.2006, 05:56 PM   #6
Ono Soul
little trouble girl

Ono Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's asses
I think Sonic Youth is most definitely the greatest rock band to come out in my lifetime (I was born in '81). There's nobody else that even comes close in my book. They're certainly the most influential band of the last twenty five years. Hell, as far as I'm concerned they're one of the greatest rock bands ever, right up there with The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and Velvet Underground. And as timtimtim pointed out, there's really not a single band in the history of rock music who has had the kind of run Sonic Youth has. They've been putting out great records for the last twenty five years. If anything they just continue to get better with age. I know that's not an opinion shared by everybody here but that's my take on things anyway....
Ono Soul is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|