Thread: Scientology
View Single Post
Old 04.06.2006, 03:13 AM   #25
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Watching a documentary and becoming an intolerant asshole is the root of all evil and a process of non-thinking.

i didnt become intolerant because i watched a documentary. i watched a documentary, i thought it was good and recommended it to you. i became intolerant for other reasons, personal experiences with religious people... and its not that i am intolerant to the point where i would hurt anybody, but just to the point wherei think religion is stupid and i certainly wouldnt want to have a religious girlfriend anymore and i am certainly not for extending any religious rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
So, you are saying I am insane for being a Christian? That Ghandi, Einstein, CS Lewis, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Johnny Cash, Pasteur, Newton and George Harrison are all insane for believing in God?

Your completely stereotyping religious people.

oh, let me put it more diplomaticaly... unreasonable would be the right word. there is just no well demonstrated reason to believe in god... there is no well demonstrated reason to believe the myths in so called holly books are true. they have been proved wrong in as many times they could have possibly been.

believing in god is like if your parents never told you the santa clause doesn't exist, you would still believe in it... but ok, in some phylosophical sense it is reasonable to believe in the possibility of the existence of god (believing in possibility is not believing - i believe in the possibility), but believing in religion? its the stupidest (pardon, the most unreasonable) think there can be, it doesnt belong in 21th century in my opinion. its the most obvious thing how religion comes into existence.