View Single Post
Old 08.12.2006, 04:43 PM   #39
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
I like it. Here's my breakdown

The Good:
100% - the epitome of a good album opener: it sets the tone of the rest of the album
Thersa's Soundworld - Amazing guitar lines and an earthquake of a breakdown. Probably my favorite.
Drunken Butterfly - I put it here only after seeing it live...a true Kim rocker
Sugar Kane - It's so damn catchy yet above the "annoying" threshold
Youth Against Facism - The lyrics are great...especially the Clarence Thomas reference. The Bush lyric (the president sucks) coincidentially and unintentionally rings true today
Chapel Hill - Fun fun fun
JC - Dark, brooding, and moving...one of my favorite Kim songs
Purr - Another great rocker

The Fair:
Swimsuit Issue - too abrasive for me...not very impressive
Shoot - s'alright...just nothing special
Wish Fulfillment - the chorus just doesn't feel right
On The Strip - see Shoot

The Poor:
Orange Rolls, Angels Spit -
I always skip or exclude this one. It just isn't pleasant to my ears
Nic Fit - Why?

The "I have no fucking idea how to rank this":
Créme Brûlèe - Weird and strange, no musical relevance, but effective as an album closer meaning a complete contrast from the opener but follows from the mood of the rest of the album

I also agree that the B-sides like Genetic and Hendrix Necro would have been great on this album, but at least we have the re-release and CD-burners.