Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.10.2006, 01:10 PM   #382
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I now have the tape that Pookie sent me. If you are a fan of Latvian folk tales, as adapted by Amy Friedman and illustrated by Jillian Gilliland, I am the recipient of your mixtape. I do my research you see. Don't reveal yet who you are though, I want to see if I can guess.
I think I'm going to need a tracklisting here, there's some incredibly obscure stuff on this tape. I've recognised Elvis Costello, Michael Gira and what I suspect is Pussy Galore. There's a bit of jazz in there, some afrobeat-ish sort of stuff, and a fair smattering of post-punk. It's rather like listening to an edition of the John Peel show, just without the man himself, and for this reason I suspect that either Hip Priest or Glice may be the evil genius behind it. Come on out whoever you are, show your face.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|