View Single Post
Old 08.09.2006, 03:16 PM   #54
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with you on most of this.
Esoteric is cool; you just have to be aware of the fact that to most of the world, your interests and obsessions are marginal at best. Elites are fine with me too, I just don't care much for the overall culture of academia. I have met some professors who I think are outstanding people with great value to impart to others; unfortunately, none of them were actually my professors in college.
As far as schools of writing go, I meant I would like to see them more as their own institutions, like we have for people who want to work with computers or become plumbers or carpenters. I know there are a few, but they are few indeed. You could design your own major at my school (in fact, I was customizing a major in music criticism when I decided to leave), but all the regular undergrad BA requirements still had to be met.
I think this thread has been pretty interesting in general, but I like the poop talk/toilet habit threads too, so I don't know what that means...
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|