View Single Post
Old 10.12.2022, 05:58 AM   #25324
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This weekend we watched …
Arachnophobia: Holds up, surprisingly! Good old Jeff Daniels and John Goodman!

Dawn of the Dead 2004: Simply not a good film, but also not Zack Snyder’s worst film. Still — decidedly not good, in, like, a bunch of ways. Shit acting, shit effects, dumb and super-high-contrast-early-2000s lookin’, green and orange hues all over the place. Anyway, bad but not the worst (aka shit but not diarrhea)

Hellraiser 2022: Wow, really surprisingly well done but also … I think I’m getting too old for proper *horror*-horror. Parts of it were just really upsetting and hard to watch. I imagine I’d feel the same way upon a rewatch of the original Hellraiser or Hellraiser II. It’s just not really in me anymore.

I think at this point I vastly prefer horror movies that either work as human dramas irrespective of horror elements (Let The Right One In, The VVitch), or dumb but knowingly so horror-action films that contain plenty of humor — movies that are fun and not completely disheartening, when there’s someone to root for (for example, Ready or Not was a good old time)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|