View Single Post
Old 04.06.2022, 09:00 AM   #25098
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Wes Anderson movies are overtly self conscious, like the most pretentiousness of what French cinema has to offer/shit out. I did enjoy Life Aquatic back in the day but that's down to wor' Bill Murray more than anything.

Speaking of French cinema I watched Gasper Noe's film Climax which strangely feels the need to proclaim in bold text at the start of the movie 'French film and proud'. This wouldn't be so bad however if every idea in the movie wasn't ripped from an American film released a few years prior called #Horror. The thing is, #Horror is utterly panned by so called critics and horror fans yet Noe's Climax is regarded as different quintessential bold cinema. Furthermore, #Horror is left out of the list of movies shown at the start of Climax of which it claims to be influenced by, classics like Suspiria and Possession which to it's credit bravely lists as influence. However, It's not seen as cool or French to list a more recent, universally panned movie that you've directly stole ideas from.

Climax itself is decent once you get past the many 10 minute (TEN FUCKING MINUTES) choreographed dance routines and the acid trip starts. And yet it's still gobbling the pretentious voyeurism throughout, as only those frog munchers know how. Xenophobia aside I'm starting to realise that to call a film French-like is the most detailed insult one could give.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|